Monday, May 6, 2013

Kroenen WIP

This is going to be really long, so I will split this into several posts.  My family is really into costuming and comicon.  Our goal is to eventually to go to SDCC someday.  :)

So, this year, my son will be going to Phoenix Comicon as Kroenen from Hellboy,  We decided to
go with what is referred to as "clockwork Kroenen" or "library Kroenen".

I started out by going to as many forums as possible for some help on how to go about making this.
The Replica Prop Forum was a huge help.  

So, I started with some very thin pieces of wood.  I roughly sketched out the design that was on the chest piece.  I had originally tried using wood filler and hot glue to make the scroll designs but they weren't turning out as smooth as I had wanted.  I went back and started over with puffy paint.  For some of the sections I needed to go over it twice in order to get a thick line and design.


This is the front chest piece half way completed.



Once I had the areas filled in the way I wanted, I started with a layer of bright gold. 


Once that was dry, I went back and added a black wash and some antique gold rub n buff to really bring out the details.






No comments:

Post a Comment