Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Kroenen Part 2

Okay now the fun part!  I used a faux leather from Joanne's.  I liked this because on the back it looks like actual leather or suede.   I found the pattern for this part on The Replica Prop Forum.
If you haven't been on that site yet, go there immediately.  If you really like costuming, you will thank me.  It is a great site for resources and sharing.



I used a pen to mark where I wanted the grommets would be and started punching a ton of holes!!

I used the industrial velcro to attach the wood pieces to the leather.  I had to come back later and use rivets and hot glue to really seal it down good.



Almost done!!  I still need the buckles for the along the shoulders.


2 comments:

  1. i would love a link to that pattern!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant seem to find the RPF thread, but it was a link to this guy's pattern.
      My only suggestion is to cut it out in paper and put it on. You'll need to adjust the side that has the multiple slits in it according to your shape. That was the only area that was "iffy". Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

      http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f32/kroenen-chest-armor-templates-picture-heavy-34322/

      Delete