Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sauron cosplay


 So, last year my son decided he wanted to go as Sauron from Lord of the Rings to the upcoming Phoenix Comicon.   This was going to be interesting!!  I started by searching the internet for materials, tutorials etc.


 I decided on Wonderlex.  We laid out the pieces, inserted craft foam in the middle and heat molded each section individually.



Each piece was painted with a hammered metallic paint and then dry brushed with black.  
Each piece of armor has detailed scroll work on them.  This was done by a mix of puffy paint and hot glue.









The helmet was going to be the death of me.  it was heavy with multiple angles, some kept cracking and it was a mess.  Luckily it all turned out ok in the end.


I ended up buying him the actual ring for his glove.  It turned out to be the perfect touch.





Here are a couple of shots from Comicon and a final Photoshopped image.  I am thrilled with how this came out.




No comments:

Post a Comment