Friday, April 5, 2013

Mad Hatter Clock

My family is a big fan of Alice in Wonderland.  After Disneyland added the Mad T Party last year, we decided to add a few additional Wonderland inspired items to our house.

First up was the Mad Hatter Cafe wall clock for our kitchen.  My husband cut the basic shape out of plywood.  We put down a coat of basic black and I went to work on the lettering with my Silhouette.

I actually found a font that is Wonderland themed.  Perfect!  I just cut the lettering out in a tan vinyl and added that to the hat shape.  My daughter had a stencil that we thought would work for the band.  Using several shades of brown, we added the band design.


A simple clock mechanism was added.  The hands were all black, so I added a shaded brown line on the outside of each hand.


1 comment: